140 Franklin Street is one of Manhattan's most spectacular Romanesque Revival buildings. Located in the center of TriBeCa, the 70,000 sq. ft., 6-story yellow brick structure trimmed in yellow terracotta with immense arched windows, was designed in 1889 by the architect Albert Wagner. AA Studio spearheaded the renovation of this building into 14 large-scale, high-end residential condominium lofts. The lofts and penthouses range in size from 3,021-6,226 sq. ft. The kitchens and closets have been designed in conjunction with Varenna, an Italian manufacturer, achieving a level of quality previously unknown in real estate development in Manhattan. The development of this building started a trend of design-oriented loft building conversions throughout New York City. The key to transforming this historical building into the landmark residence it is today was combining high-end materials with close attention to details.
Designed in collaboration with John Peachy Architects.